Global Codeathon Theme Announcement
Congratulations on joining the Global Codeathon Game Studios!
We know you just started working for us but we have a very important project and need your help. Dong Nguyen was up all night and started creating our next game, Jump Zero. However, he is stuck on where to go next or even if his current idea is right. The game can be found here and we need you to look at what Dong has created and make it even more amazing. We also have some additional artwork here. Please take it, remix it and make it awesome! Some things to think about:
- There are no limits. This is Dong’s first idea so do anything you want to it.
- New levels?
- Modify the character or make new ones?
- Villains to overcome?
You can do anything you want to it so long as your ideas are original (including characters that you may make). Dong is known for one button mechanism games but feel free to try something new if it is awesome.
Dong is excited to see what you come up with as he loves games and can’t wait to try yours out. Coding is an opportunity to be creative and we look forward to seeing what you come up with. This means you don’t have to be the most advanced coder to do well, you may even be fairly new to coding.
Note that the program must be submitted online through this form. In order to to be part of the event your program must be submitted by Tuesday, May 5th. From last year’s experience many coders are excited to start but finishing takes diligence.
How the programs will be scored:
- Creativity/Uniqueness (25 pts): Program idea is interesting and original.
- Visual Appeal (25 pts): Program is aesthetically pleasing.
- Engagement (25 pts): Program is engaging – I want to keep playing with it
- Technical ability (25 pts): Demonstrates a variety of coding skills such as conditionals, loops, broadcasting. Program feels complete.
Timeline of events:
- May 5th: Programs must be completed and shared using the online submission form.
- May 9th: At the closing of the Global Codeathon 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced and if available will have an opportunity to demo their program during the codeathon.
We look forward to seeing your programs.
.GEARS Game Studio & the Global Codeathon Team
Please note the this competition is for educational purposes only. Programs created with the artwork from .GEARS Game Studio may not be sold.